Thursday

Re-silvering a 350 year old eagle πŸ¦… and good at it πŸ€ͺBoard and hallucinations so I thought silver a 350 year old eagle πŸ¦… the eagle of the gods the golden eagle πŸ¦… brought back to its original state

Get a nice hard brush now I use special chemicals as obviously B.H.I 

You can see the old remains of the silvering 

Clear all the brasso some one had been using 
Came up nice didn’t it 

Get all that old brasso out of the crevices as it would react with the silvering processes 



My 350 year old Eagle πŸ¦… project going in for its clean 
Nice hard brush I find if you cut the brush down it gives the bristles a bit more ummmf 
See the old grey silvering under the wing 
Boom πŸ’₯ have some of that eagle πŸ¦… for a new coat for the winter 😜
Special compound to neutralise the chemical s 

Rubbing in the age old chemicals into it now truly this is a difficult task as i silver 300 year old clock dials in the past so an eagle πŸ¦… is a challenge but obviously had loads of practice in the past now truly I have seen some major cock ups take place of clock dials as any contamination to the chemicals or imperfections to the brass shine through 
Little parts of the birds that used to be silver bless its cotton socks , 


See the old silvering which is left over from the olden days like I say 350 years old 
You have to keep coating it with silver solutions rubbing it in it reacted best with real light sun light if you haven’t got good sunshine then a bulb πŸ’‘ with sunshine in it works great as well 

 Slowly but surly my eagle of the gods will get back to its former glory’s:-) 

My BHI teacher would say yep lloyd spot on :-) 

No comments: